How long does it take analytics data to be updated on the dashboard?
Regular analytics are updated within 2 to 6 hours.
Where do I find my user ID and user signature?
You can find your user ID and user signature at the top of your Chartboost dashboard’s API Explorer page.
Click at any time to reset your user signature and revoke API access for third-party services.
Click to copy your user signature to the clipboard.
How do I download my analytics?
You have a few different options when it comes to monitoring your account. The Advertising Overview and Publishing Overview pages both offer at-a-glance views to easily identify trends over time. More information If you need to view more detailed reports, head to Apps > Analytics or Campaigns > Analytics, where you can also download data in TSV form (note: our TSV files have .csv extensions) for use with Excel or other programs. More information ▲ Back to top
Where can I find my Banner analytics?
Your Banner analytics are available in the App Analytics section of your Chartboost dashboard. The Campaign Analytics section does not include Banner analytics. ▲ Back to top
Why are there earning discrepancies between App and Campaign Analytics when I use Banners?
Because your Banner analytics are only displayed in the App Analytics section of Chartboost dashboard, your earnings will not match between App and Campaign analytics. Your total earnings are correctly displayed in the App Analytics and your interstitial & rewarded earnings are displayed in the campaign analytics. ▲ Back to top
How are analytics and API reports formatted?
- The time zone used in analytics reports is Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Most analytics reports returned from our API are in JSON format.
- Reports requesting from the campaign endpoint that group by
creative, or all queries against the export install endpoint, are returned in TSV (tab-separated value) format.
- All reports are UTF-16LE encoded for proper display of non-Latin characters.
- If you make programmatic changes to analytics data received from Chartboost, you may need to update your system to account for tab separation.
- Analytics reports should continue to open properly in Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
Why aren’t I seeing any bootups or installs for my game?
Don’t fret – because bootups/installs and other actions can take up to 2-6 hours to be reflected in the dashboard (though they usually arrive much faster), try checking your app analytics or campaign analytics again after that delay. You can also check this status page to see when analytics were last updated in the dashboard. If you’re still not able to see bootups/installs, double-check your code for one of the following calls:
- iOS games:
[Chartboost startWithAppId:@"YOURAPPID" appSignature:@"YOURAPPSIGNATURE" delegate:self];
- Android games:
Chartboost.startWithAppId(this, "YOURAPPID", "YOURAPPSIGNATURE");
- iOS games built with Unity:
- Android games built with Unity:
- iOS games:
How much data is too much to pull at once?
Can I see how my campaigns are doing by country?
Why don’t my Chartboost installs match iTunes Connect?
Several factors can cause discrepancies between your app’s iTunes Connect install count and Chartboost’s, found here:
Below are some common causes:
- iTunes Connect reports installs based on Apple IDs, while Chartboost uses unique device identifiers. This means you may see more than one install from Device X in iTunes Connect, but only one in Chartboost.
- iTunes logs an install the moment your game is installed (even before launch). Chartboost requires the game to be launched at least once, with a reliable internet connection and proper SDK integration.
- Chartboost always reports in PST/PDT (UTC-8 hours/UTC-7 hours), but iTunes reporting can vary depending on the developer’s location. iTunes Connect uses…
- PST/PDT for developers in the US, Canada, and Latin America
- CET for developers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Paciﬁc
- JST for developers in Japan
- WST for developers in Australia and New Zealand
What’s the difference between all installs, bootups, uniques, installs delivered and installs received?
- All installs: The number of times that Chartboost receives an initialization call from your app. Often includes installs not received from Chartboost.
- Bootups: A call from the Chartboost SDK that is logged each time a user launches your app on a device.
- Uniques: The number of unique devices that launch your app. This number is a unique count of devices per app, per day. Uniques cannot be summed across apps or days because this would duplicate some devices and result in an inflated number. The accuracy of the number of uniques depends on the developer sending 100% of their app’s bootups to Chartboost.
- Installs delivered: The number of times a user clicked an ad, then initially booted up the promoted app during your publishing campaign.
- Installs received: The number of times users initially booted up your game after clicking an ad for it in an advertising or cross-promotion campaign.
Last Updated on April 13, 2021