To ensure a transparent, safe and fraud-free in-app ecosystem, Chartboost now supports app-ads.txt, a standard released by the IAB to fight inventory fraud for apps. As the industry is switching to programmatic, app-ads.txt will be a necessity for publishers who want to move over to a programmatic tech stack.
What is app-ads.txt?
App-ads.txt is a text file that mobile app developers add to their website which lists the ad sources authorized to sell that app’s inventory such as ad networks, SSPs and others. Demand partners crawl app-ads.txt files published on developers’ website to verify that the bid requests are coming from developers’ authorized sellers.
What are the benefits of app-ads.txt?
- Avoid potential revenue loss from programmatic buyers who have stopped bidding on publishers’ inventory missing app-ads.txt info or missed listing Chartboost.
- Identify and block instances of unauthorized developer impersonation.
- Help build publishers’ trust and inventory reliability in the in-app ecosystem.
- Prepare yourself towards implementing a programmatic tech stack.
How to implement app-ads.txt including Chartboost information?
- Setup your app-ads.txt file according to the Authorized Sellers for Apps specification provided by the IAB Tech Lab.
- To add Chartboost information. Login to your Chartboost dashboard.
- Go to ‘Tools’ on the menu navigation to the left.
- Under ‘Tools’, you will find the app-ads.txt section.
- Copy the app-ads.txt info provided and paste it to your app-ads.txt file.
- Publish the app-ads.txt file. You’re all set!
How to ensure you added app-ads.txt correctly?
- Double-check that the app-ads.txt file got correctly pasted without any misspellings.
- List your developer url on all the app stores distributing your app.
- Make certain that the app-ads.txt file is implemented in the root domain as follow: https://example.com/app-ads.txt
- If you have implemented app-ads.txt info from Chartboost prior to this release, make sure to log in to your dashboard to verify that you have the most up-to-date version which is the one provided in your Chartboost dashboard.