Chartboost is dedicated to ensuring the high quality of our supply.
Starting October 23, 2019, publishers will need to request app review to start running publishing campaigns with Chartboost.
Table of Contents ▼
- Before you begin
- Steps to get your app approved
- Why was my app rejected for publishing?
- I’ve previously added my apps to the Chartboost dashboard, do they still need to go through the Publisher App Review?
Chartboost recommends publishers to only apply for publishing permissions when their applications are live in the official App Stores (with Chartboost SDK) by following the guide Steps to get your app approved.If your application is not in the official App Stores with the Chartboost SDK, it will not be approved for publishing. For situations like these, publishers should follow the process below:
- Add an app in the Chartboost dashboard
- Do not insert bundle ID or App Store URL
- Enable Test Mode
- Save the app
- Integrate Chartboost SDK
- Check Chartboost SDK integration with Chatboost Test Mode
- Test your integration with test ads for as long as you require
- Wait for the green SDK light to turn on in the dashboard
- Do not request Publishing Permissions at this time yet (your app will be rejected because of missing Store URL)
- Once your application is available in the official App Stores, import your application to Chartboost dashboard
- Apply for publishing permission by following the guide Steps to get your app approved
While in test mode, do not enter unofficial URLs or Store IDs in your Chartboost Dashboard App Settings section since these parameters are not editable without first contacting Chartboost Support Team.
Steps to get your app approved
|➊||Add a new app on the Chartboost dashboard|
If you want to monetize on your app, you need to first add it on the Chartboost dashboard.
- Follow all steps to add a new app.
- Make sure that you imported the app and app store URL is present on the App’s Settings page on the Chartboost Dashboard.
Please note that Chartboost App ID is unique to your app and using it in more than one application is strictly against our Terms&Conditions!
If you’ve previously added an app, but don’t have any active publishing campaigns, you will still need to submit your app for review.
|➋||Download, Integrate and run the Chartboost SDK|
- Download and integrate the Chartboost SDK.
- Open your app to run and initialize the SDK for the first time. If you have successfully initialized the Chartboost SDK in your app, the “SDK” icon under your app’s icon will turn green on the App’s Settings page on the Chartboost Dashboard.
Make sure that you integrate the latest Chartboost SDK otherwise your app might get rejected.
|➌||Enable publishing on your app|
If you want to enable publishing on your app, follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Chartboost dashboard
- Select the app you want to submit for ‘Publisher App Review’
- Go to ‘App Settings’ on the navigation menu to the left
- Click on ‘Basic Settings’
- Find the field ‘Publishing’
- Check the box that says ‘Request publishing permissions’. If this is checked already, it means that it’s been reviewed and approved already.
- Click ‘Save’
- Repeat for all the apps you want to start publishing campaigns on.
Please note that you need to first integrate and successfully run and initialize the SDK to be able to request publishing review of your app. If you have successfully initialized the Chartboost SDK in your app, the “SDK” icon under your app’s icon will turn green on the App’s Settings page on the Chartboost Dashboard.
|➍||Check the status of your app review|
- We will contact you via email with the results of your app’s review. It can take up to 48 hours to have your app checked. During weekends and holidays, the process will take longer. If you don’t hear back from us within a week, you can contact us under Publishing -> I didn’t get a response to my Publisher App Review Request.
- Once your app has been approved, the tick box text will change to ‘App approved for publishing‘ and you can start creating publishing campaigns!
- There are different reasons why your app might have been rejected for publishing. Check the section below on how to fix the issue and have your app reviewed again.
Please note that until your app is enabled for publishing, you will not be able to select it in the Select app(s) section of your publishing campaign.
Why was my app rejected for publishing?
There are many reasons why your app might get rejected for publishing and some of them can be fixed! Some common reasons for rejection are:
- There is an issue with your SDK integration (for example you used an old SDK version or inserted a wrong App ID). Check here on how to integrate the SDK.
- Your app is not available in the store or is available only in specific countries. In order for us to test your app for publishing, we must be able to download it and install on our test device. In case of Google Play and Amazon apps, we can only download them if they are available in the US or the Netherlands. Please provide the correct app store URL or send us your APK (for Google Play and Amazon apps outside of the US and the Netherlands), so we can install your app on our test device.
- Your app does not meet our publisher quality standards (for example it crashes or your ad placements are too frequent).
- Your app does not comply with our Terms&Conditions.
I’ve previously added my apps to the Chartboost dashboard, do they still need to go through the Publisher App Review?
If you’ve previously added an app, but don’t have any active publishing campaigns, you will need to submit your app for review. Please follow the steps as outlined above under ‘Enable publishing on your app’.
You might also like…
- Getting Paid As a Publisher: Learn more about making money by showing ads.
- Advanced Settings & Targeting: Optimize your publishing campaign to maximize revenue.
- Publishing Tips & Best Practices: Trusted strategies to improve your campaign performance.