What if my app is not live in the App Store yet?
If your app is not yet live in the official App Stores, your app will not be enabled for publishing. However, you can still test the Chartboost SDK and prepare for the Publisher App Review.
- Add an app in the Chartboost dashboard
- Do not insert bundle ID or App Store URL
- Enable Test Mode
- Save the app
- Integrate Chartboost SDK
- Check Chartboost SDK integration with Chatboost Test Mode
- Test your integration with test ads for as long as you require
- Wait for the green SDK light to turn on in the dashboard
- Do not request Publishing Permissions at this time yet (your app will be rejected because of the missing Store URL)
- Once your application is available in the official App Stores, import your application to Chartboost dashboard
- Apply for publishing permission by following the guide Steps to get your app enabled
Please note that until your app is enabled for publishing, you will not be able to select it in the Select app(s) section of your publishing campaign.
If you are using mediation and your app got rejectedThere are three main reasons why we might have been unable to detect the Chartboost Adapter initializing in your app:
- The Chartboost Adapter is not initializing during the bootup. If you are using a mediation SDK which does not initialize Chartboost Adapter during the bootup of your application we recommend you to temporarily put Chartboost on the top of your waterfall. If you do not wish to put Chartboost on the top of your waterfall globally, you can limit it to the Netherlands only. After doing this, let us know as soon as possible so we can do the necessary checks and you can reverse the changes afterwards to the desired ones. If you are uncertain how to make these changes or would like additional options, please follow-up with us via firstname.lastname@example.org and mention your mediation platform.
- There is an issue with the integration of the Chartboost Adapter. Review your mediation partner integration documentation and Chartboost mediation helpsite section. If you can’t find anything wrong feel free to contact us at any time.
- The Chartboost adapter is not integrated yet in the live version of your application. Developers are advised to publish a version with Chartboost adapter in the App Store. Otherwise, your application can’t be approved.
Why was my app rejected for publishing?
There are many reasons why your app might get rejected for publishing and some of them can be fixed! Some common reasons for rejection are:
- There is an issue with your SDK integration (for example you have integrated SDK incorrectly, inserted a wrong App ID, did not meet minimum SDK version requirements or Chartboost adapter cannot be detected in your mediation). Check here on how to integrate the SDK.
- Your app is not available for download (for example wrong Bundle ID/Store URL, error while downloading). In order for us to test your app for publishing, we must be able to download it and install on our test device. In case of Google Play and Amazon apps, we can only download them if they are available in the US or the Netherlands. Please provide the correct app store URL or send us your APK (for Google Play and Amazon apps outside of the US and the Netherlands), so we can install your app on our test device.
- There is an issue with Chartboost publisher quality standards (for example the app crashes, the app cannot be opened or your ad placements are too frequent).
- Your app is against our Terms&Conditions.
I’ve previously added my apps to the Chartboost dashboard, do they still need to go through the Publisher App Review?
If you’ve previously added an app, but don’t have any active publishing campaigns, you will need to submit your app for review. Please follow the steps as outlined above under ‘Enable publishing on your app’.
Why is my SDK integration icon not turning green?
- If your integration icon is not turning green this means that your application has not yet successfully initialized our SKD correctly. We strongly recommend you review the initialization part of your Chartboost SDK on our iOS, Android, or Unity integration guides.
- In order to confirm if your application is successfully initializing our SDK, you can use the application Charles the Web Proxy. The initialization call you are looking for is detailed in the Interpreting Charles Results section of our Charles Page.
Why is the option “Request publishing permissions” greyed out?
- In other to display Chartboost ads your application has to be approved with publishing permissions first. If the option “Request publishing permissions” is greyed out in your dashboard, this means the SDK integration icon is still not green and we haven’t detected any initialization call from your application. We advise the revision of the Chartboost SDK integration guides available on iOS, Android, and Unity.
- You can confirm the initializing of our SDK by using the application Charles the Web Proxy. The initialization call you are looking for is detailed in the Interpreting Charles Results section of our Charles Page.
Last Updated on November 22, 2020