Boost your ads revenue by setting up multiple line items (MLI) for Chartboost on your mediation solution’s dashboard.
Before You Begin
- If you are interested in using this feature, please reach out to your Chartboost account manager or email@example.com
- Once you are approved to use this feature, you will see “Multiple Line Items” in the “Monetization” section. You won’t see the “Publishing Campaigns” page and won’t have access to publishing campaigns any more, but your ads monetization with Chartboost will continue smoothly, as long as you follow the best practices outlined below.
- For interstitial and rewarded placement types, Chartboost supports flat CPM.
- Flat CPM means Chartboost guarantees to pay the exact amount of the specified CPM price, nothing more or less. For example, if you set up a $10 flat CPM for the interstitial inventory of your app in the US, Chartboost will pay $10 CPM.
- For banner placement type, Chartboost supports CPM floor.
- CPM Floor means Chartboost guarantees to pay no less than the specified CPM price. For example, if you set up a $2 CPM floor for the banner inventory of your app in the US, Chartboost might pay $2.50 CPM, but not under $2 CPM.
- In addition to using the Chartboost dashboard to create and edit multiple line items, you can also use the new Chartboost Publisher CPM Management API to achieve the same goal. If you are interested, please reach out to your Chartboost account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out the Multiple Line Items Best Practices section below to find your best monetization pricing strategy with Chartboost.
Overview of Multiple Line Items
- If no specific app is selected and you click “Monetization” > “Multiple Line Items”, you will see an overview of all existing apps that have MLI setup (including those set up by your account manager at Chartboost).
- You will see the list of apps with the related app and MLI information, including app icon, app name, platform, app ID, status, placement type, number of active named locations with flat CPM/CPM floor setup.
- Click on any app name to direct you to the MLI edit page for that app and placement type. Find more details about how to edit existing MLI further below.
- If an app is selected and you click “Monetization” > “Multiple Line Items”, you will only see an overview of existing MLI setup for that selected app.
- If you previously don’t have any multiple line items with Chartboost, the overview page will be empty. Click “+ Add new Multiple Line Items” on the upper right corner to create new multiple line items.
Create New Multiple Line Items
- Go to “Monetization” > “Multiple Line Items” and click “+ Add new Multiple Line Items”
- Once on the “New Multiple Line Items Monetization” page, select the app and placement type (interstitial/rewarded/banner)
- Platform information will automatically be filled in when you select the app.
- For interstitial or rewarded placement type follow these steps:
- In the section “Named Locations with Flat CPM”, fill in the name of the Chartboost interstitial or rewarded named location, select countries and specify the flat CPM price.
- You can add up to 100 unique location names per app and placement type.
- For the same location name, you can set up different countries with different flat CPM prices. Note: You can not for the same location name and same country set up different flat CPM prices.
- Please note the restrictions for the naming of named locations
- No more than 80 characters
- Only these characters are allowed:
- All Characters A to Z or a to z
- All digits 0 to 9
- Hyphen –
- Dash _
- Dollar $
- Ampersand &
- Comma ,
- Plus +
- Forward slash /
- Back slash \
- Note: named locations are case sensitive
- For banner placement type follow these steps:
- In the section “Named Locations with CPM Floor”, fill in the name of the Chartboost banner named location, select countries and specify the CPM Floor.
- The restrictions for the named locations are the same as above.
- Note: For any countries that are not set up with flat CPM or CPM floor prices, Chartboost will automatically optimize for publishers’ best yield.
- For example, you filled in “Interstitial Location One”, only selected “United States” (no other countries selected) and specified $20 flat CPM. In this case, if Chartboost receives ad requests from “Interstitial Location One” in Canada, Chartboost will match the best ads possible and serve dynamic eCPM, which is not guaranteed to be at $20 CPM.
Edit Existing Multiple Line Items
- Click the app name on the Multiple Line Items overview page and you’ll be redirected to the “Multiple Line Items Monetization” edit page.
- In the edit view for interstitial or rewarded placements, besides the basic app information, you will have two sections:
- “Named Locations with Flat CPM” section displays all interstitial or rewarded locations that you have set up flat CPM prices with.
- “Named Locations with Auto-optimized CPM” section displays all interstitial or rewarded locations Chartboost has received ad requests from but doesn’t have any flat CPM setup. In this case, Chartboost will match the best ads possible and serve dynamic eCPM.
- In the edit view for banner placements, besides the basic app information, you will have two sections:
- “Named Locations with CPM Floor” section displays all banner locations that you have set up CPM floor prices with.
- “Named Locations with Auto-optimized CPM” section displays all banner locations Chartboost has received ad requests from but doesn’t have any CPM floor setup. In this case, Chartboost will match the best ads possible and serve dynamic eCPM.
- You can edit or delete any locations under “Named Locations with Flat CPM” or “Named Locations with CPM Floor” by clicking on the three dots at the far right.
- Note: If you are already in the edit view of an individual Multiple Line Items deal page for a specific app and you would like to edit the Multiple Line Items page for another app, it is best that you exit to the Multiple Line Items deals overview page and then switch apps. If you directly switch apps in an individual Multiple Line Items deal page, it won’t automatically switch to another existing Multiple Line Items deal page for another app.
Disable Existing Multiple Line Items
- Once multiple line items are added for an app you can enable or disable the MLI setup through the toggle at the top of the page under “Basic Settings”. When the toggle is in green the MLI is enabled, when in gray it’s disabled.
- The app will still be listed in the MLI overview page but be disabled.
Last Updated on September 15, 2021