Advertiser & Creative Content GuidelinesAll participants in the Chartboost platform, including Advertisers, Buyers, and Demand Partners (“Platform Participants”) are required to adhere to these Chartboost Advertiser & Creative Content Guidelines (the “Guidelines”). Imagery, text, subject matter, action-related elements, and embedded functionality included in an ad creative are collectively referred to in these Guidelines as “Ad Content.” Chartboost reserves the right to remove Ad Content that we believe do not adhere to the letter or spirit of these Guidelines. In addition, it is the responsibility of the Platform Participants to confirm that all ads comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies of the country and state where the ad will be served.
Prohibited Ad Content:Prohibited Ad Content includes any content which could negatively impact the integrity and character of the publisher. Platform Participants are prohibited from serving ads that promote or feature any of the following content categories:
- Sexual, obscene, or pornographic material: adult, mature, and/or sexually-explicit products and services, gentlemen’s clubs, escort services, erotic bookstores, nudity, graphic language, and excessive profanity.
- Explicit violence or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization
- Political or religious topics
- Discriminating, offensive, or profane material or hate content
- Weapons, weapon accessories, and ammunition
- Excessive profanity
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- System errors, alerts, or warnings. Phishing or advertisements that seek personal data or personally identifiable information (PII)
- Auto-redirect (redirects to landing page upon ad load without user action)
- Auto-download (downloads file(s) upon ad load without user actions)
- Spyware, malware, malicious domains, viruses, illegal hacking, or other materials that are intended to damage or render inoperable software or hardware
- File sharing, torrenting, or other content violating or infringing upon any third-party intellectual property rights
- Counterfeit goods
- Content or material offering traffic generation or promoting fraudulent traffic
- Content making misleading, deceptive, or unrealistic claims
Restricted Content:Platform Participants may be permitted to feature or promote the following restricted content categories (“Restricted Content”), provided that (a) the Platform Participant has appropriate controls to ensure that such ads comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the country and jurisdiction in which the ads are served, and (b) Chartboost has provided prior written approval.
- Real currency gambling or online casinos with ability to cash out.
- Pharmaceuticals, including prescription, over-the-counter, medical services, contraception, and sexual enhancement
- Weight-loss products and services
- Financial services such as short-term or payday lending.
- Surveys (incentivized or not).
Last Updated on February 16, 2021