To set up attribution postbacks for AppsFlyer, add your Chartboost app ID and app signature to the AppsFlyer dashboard under Chartboost S2S.
Toggle the “Activate Partner” switch. This setting activates both attribution and postbacks. Accordingly, turning off this switch will immediately halt postbacks and reporting of new installs and events in the Partner Dashboard.
Below you’ll find an example of the minimum required settings for advertising with Chartboost.
Be sure to double-check that you’ve copied the correct App ID and Signature from the Dashboard.
INSTALLS is the Default Postback event that is sent automatically.
- For negative targeting Chartboost requires the value “All media sources, including organic” be set in the Sending Option.
In-App Event Postbacks
Toggle the In-App Events Postback and choose ‘Add Manually’ to set up Open and Purchase event postbacks.
No other In-App event types are currently supported by Chartboost.
OPEN event postbacks (synonymous with “bootups” in Chartboost analytics) are now managed via the “af_app_opened” SDK event.
- The recommended Sending Option for this event should be “This partner only“, and Send Revenue should be set to “No values & no revenue“.
If your app has a significant (100K+ DAUs) existing user base, we recommend setting the Sending Option to ‘All media sources, including organic’ for a few weeks to improve negative targeting during onboarding (a device id list to process manually can also be shared as an alternative).
PURCHASE event postbacks are managed via the “af_purchase” event and is essential if ROAS/ROI optimization is required.
- The recommended Sending Option for this event should be “All media sources, including organic“, while Send Revenue must be set to “Values & revenue“. More information here.
You might also like…
- S2S (serving-to-server) tracking: Leverage install attribution from third-party platforms to create CPI campaigns on the Chartboost network
- View-through attribution: Get credit for installs that occur shortly after a user watches a video ad but does not click on the ad.