Supported ad types: Video interstitial, static interstitial, rewarded video, animated GIF.
The ironSource SDK exposes the native Chartboost SDK so you can access all native Chartboost interstitial methods outside of the ironSource SDK.
How to top-rank Chartboost in ironSource
- Log into your ironSource dashboard.
- Select Monetize > Mediation > Management from the sidebar.
- Drag and drop Chartboost from Auto Optimized Priority into Manual Priority. Make sure Chartboost is at the top!
|➊||Create Chartboost Instances|
Create the first Chartboost Instance
- Log into your ironSource dashboard, navigate to MONETIZE -> SETUP -> SDK Networks, click on the desired App from the list of APPLICATIONS, move over to the right section and find Chartboost, then click onSetupto create Chartboost Instance:
If you haven’t already setup Chartboost as an Ad Network, please follow this guide from ironSource Chartboost Mediation Integration Guide to add Chartboost as an Ad Network
- Enter your Chartboost App ID and App Signature into the App ID and App Signature boxes, see how to find Chartboost App ID and App Signature here:
Note that by default, ironSource puts you in the tab for Rewarded Video.
If you would like to configure for Interstitial, please Click on Interstitial tab, the steps afterward are the same.
- The steps below are using Rewarded Video as an example:
- Enter a value for Location (in the Chartboost Dashboard this is also referred to as a ‘Named Location’).
Note: Chartboost appcountry API can provide data breakdown by
adLocation(Named Locations) values that cross a small threshold of activity (generally around 10 different ad creatives displayed, for example), otherwise they will not be broken out and instead aggregated under the
othergrouping.Note: Named Locations can NOT be longer than 50 characters.
The Named Location will automatically appear in your Chartboost Dashboard after this Named Location has been used in this Ad Unit for a few ad requests.
Login to the your dashboard., you will find the Named Location under your publishing campaign. If an Ad Unit ID is for rewarded placement, it will only appear in rewarded video campaigns. If it is for interstitial placement, it will only appear under interstitial campaigns.
- Conintue on to the Add more Chartboost Instances section if you would like to add more Chartboost Instances. If you are ONLY using one Instance, Click on Save and continue to Step 2: Include Chartboost Instances in Mediation Groups
Add more Chartboost Instances
- To add more Chartboost Instances, click on +Add Network Instance> in the screenshot below.
- Enter another Location (in the Chartboost Dashboard this is also referred to as a ‘Named Location’) for the new Instance:
Again, Please Note: Named Locations can NOT be longer than 50 characters.
- Note that when you have more than one Instance, ironSource will let you rename each Instance’s name.
- Repeat the step above to add up to 3 different Instances from Chartboost. Click on Save when finished.
|➋||Include Chartboost Instances in Mediation Groups|
If you have more than one Mediation Group in ironSource, please remember to include all the Chartboost Instances in each of the Mediation Groups where you would like to serve Chartboost Ads.
- To make sure Chartboost Instances are included, login to ironSource dashboard, navigate to MONETIZE -> SETUP -> SDK Networks, Click on the desired App from the list of APPLICATIONS, move over to the right section and find Chartboost, then click on the Edit icon:
- Click on the ‘Mediation Groups’ dropdown, check on all the Groups that you would like to Include Chartboost Instances. Note, this has to be done for each Instance. By default, all Groups are included.
- Click on Save when finished.
|➌||Manually Rank Chartboost Instances|
- When you have multiple instances in an ironSource Mediation Group, you can then manually rank each Instance.
- To manually rank Instances in an ironSource waterfall, login to ironSource dashboard, Navigate to MONETIZE -> Management -> Mediation,
- Click on the desired App from the APPLICATIONS list
- Click on the desired Mediation Group in the GROUP(s) list
- Click on the desired Ad type (Rewarded/Interstitial)
Note that by default, ironSource puts you in the tab for Rewarded Video,
you need to Click on ‘Interstitial’ tab to modify the rank for Interstitial, the steps involved afterward that are the same.
- The steps below are using Rewarded Video as an example.
- Drag and drop Chartboost from Auto Optimized Priority into Manual Priority. Once you’ve positioned an instance of this ad source in this section your app will serve ads from that ad source prior to those in the Auto Optimized section. Within the Manual Section, Instances with a smaller rank number will be served prior to those with a bigger number.
Please make sure you have manually ranked all the Chartboost Instances properly, any Instances in the Auto Optimized section will be served after Manual Section in a waterfall. Within the Auto Optimized section, ironSource will pick the highest-ranking eCPM Instance at the moment to serve ads.
- If you have multiple Mediation Group(s), you will need to repeat Step 3 for each Mediation Group where Chartboost Instances are included.
And that’s it!
The Ad Unit in the Mediation Group(s) will now be able to request ads with multiple Instances from Chartboost (Top-ranked first).