|iOS integration||Android integration|
- Initialize MoPub SDK as soon as your app starts up: On MoPub versions 5.5.0 and above, this will automatically initialize the Chartboost SDK at the same time.
- Load AdUnits ahead of time before you display them: This gives Ad Network SDKs a little time to download and prep the ad before it actually needs to be displayed. For example, you may want to make load calls shortly after the MoPub SDK itself initializes, or earlier in a level when you know you’re likely going to shown an ad soon.
- For more control, create specific Order & Line Item entries specific to Chartboost: This gives more clarity and versatility when handling each individual waterfall entry’s settings. Creating Chartboost Orders and Line Items is documented below in the section How to Setup Multiple Chartboost Line Items in MoPub.
How to top-rank Chartboost in MoPub
- Log into your MoPub dashboard.
- Select the Segments tab.
- Select the segment containing Chartboost.
- Since you will be manually ranking Chartboost at the top of the MoPub waterfall, revenue reporting does not need to be enabled.
- Manually enter a high eCPM in the Chartboost row to rank Chartboost first in the waterfall.
|➊||Create/Select an Order|
- Login to MoPub dashboard, navigate to Orders, and select an existing order or click on Create Order to create an new Order.
- Insert an Order and Advertiser name for your Order. Click Save & create line item when finished
|➋||Create Chartboost Line Item|
Option 1: Create New Line Item While Creating a New Order
- Navigate to Add a Line Item section.
Option 2: Create a Line Item Under an Existing Order
- Click on New line item, then navigate to the Add a Line Item section.
|➌||Continue Creating New Line Item|
- Insert your Line item name and select Network Line Item in the Type & Priority dropdown followed by Chartboost in the Network dropdown.
- Enter your Chartboost App ID and App Signature into Override App ID and Override App Signature boxes, see how to find Chartboost App ID and App Signature here.
- Enter a value for Override Location (in the Chartboost Dashboard this is also referred to as a ‘Named Location’).
Note: Chartboost appcountry API can provide data breakdown by
adLocation(Named Locations) values that cross a small threshold of activity (generally around 10 different ad creatives displayed, for example), otherwise they will not be broken out and instead aggregated under the
othergrouping.Note: Named Locations can NOT be longer than 50 characters.
- Set the fixed eCPM value and check on the box Disable Auto CPM updating for this line item
- Don’t forget to give your line item a name, and then click on Next:
|➍||Select Ad Unit|
- Check on the Ad Unit(s) you’d like the Line Item to target.
- When finished, click on Save
|➎||Add More Chartboost Line Items|
- Repeat Step 3 & Step 4 to add more Line Items with different fixed eCPMs under an Ad Unit.
- You can also set up an additional Line Item with Auto eCPM to run off the network eCPM performance outside the fixed eCPM Line Items.
And that’s it!
Ad Units in this Order will now be able to request ads with multiple Line Items from Chartboost (Highest eCPM first).