Advertise your new Awesome App in your existing Popular Apps with Chartboost Cross-Promotion Campaigns.
|Before you begin|
- Make sure to attach your apps to Chartboost Dashboard before starting creating your Cross-Promotion campaigns.
- The promoting app is required to have Chartboost SDK integrated into it. If you want to track installs or later monetise the promoted app, you should add the Chartboost SDK in this app too.
- If you’re only planning to advertise one of your apps via cross-promotion, you may also use Server-to-Server tracking.
- If you want to use cross-promotion in your Mediation set up, please get in touch with your account manager.
|➊||Start a new Cross-Promotion Campaign|
- Click + CAMPAIGN at the bottom left of your dashboard.
- Select “Cross-Promotion”.
- Name your Cross-Promotion campaign and after select the game you wanna advertise in the “App Advertising in this Campaign” drop-down. In the “Select Apps” section, select the app that will publish your new game. Note that this can’t be the same as the app that is being promoted since you can’t promote a game in itself
|➋||Set Campaign Priority under Logic|
When creating a new cross promotion campaign you must choose priority by campaign or by location under ‘Logic’.
We recommend that you use different locations for cross promotion and standard network monetization.
- If you have separate locations for cross promotion and standard network monetization then you will need to set priority ‘By Location’.
- Click on ‘By Location’ to then select the campaign priority for named locationsin the new prompt window.
- Set priority between ‘Low’ to ‘Highest’ for any locations that are intended to serve cross promotion.
- Set ‘Never Show’ for any locations that are intended to serve standard network monetization.
- Note. The ‘By Location’ option will only be visible once you start sending us ad requests with named locations (different from the default one).
- In rare cases where you do not separate locations for cross promotion and standard network monetization, then you can select ‘Campaign Default’ priority between ‘Low’ and ‘Highest’ for the campaign.
If you don’t actively set a campaign priority, your cross promotion campaign won’t show in any named locations (different from the default one) since it will be automatically set to ‘By Location’ > ‘Never Show’.
If you’re running multiple campaigns, Chartboost serves them ads in order of priority, from ‘Highest’ to ‘Low’.
- We will serve the highest priority campaign with as many ads as possible. When we don’t have any more ads to serve that campaign, we will move down to the next-highest priority.
- If two campaigns have the same priority, we will give them both an equal chance to show ads.
Under campaign frequency select how often you want to cross promote your app.
You can also use Advanced Settings to filter out specific apps, companies, or devices. Learn more about advanced settings.
|➌||Upload your Advertising Creatives|
- Add some targets to your campaign. Showing the right ads to the right players helps you get the most click-throughs and view-throughs, which gives you the greatest potential to earn revenue.
- Go to Campaign Targeting and enter a name for your first target.
- By default, your target will include all countries, all device types, all players, etc. Customize your target towards specific players, countries, game genres, and more. Learn more about campaign targeting.
- Use dashboard analytics to determine the effectiveness of your campaign.
Please note: If you’ve previously installed the game you’re trying to promote, the interstitial showing it off will not appear on your device. We do not advertise apps that a user already installed.
Starting March 26, 2018, some of your cross-promotion impressions will go to our network.
Starting March 26, 2018, apps that have opted out of behavioral targeting CANNOT start a cross-promotion campaign.
You might also like…
Last Updated on December 16, 2020